Mission Statement: AZHPCA is a coalition of Arizona health professionals who recognize that climate change harms our health. We educate, empower, and engage health professionals, the public, and policy makers on climate action so that our future will be healthy, sustainable, and equitable.
Vision Statement: We believe climate solutions double as community health solutions and putting people first leads to longer, healthier lives for individuals while simultaneously addressing climate change.
- Motivate health professionals to understand how climate change affects their populations
- Motivate health professionals to provide support and education regarding climate change solutions in their care settings
- Motivate health professionals to act
- Provide forums for education
- Provide a framework for organized advocacy
- Provide tangible solutions that are easy to implement for individuals and organizations
- Provide accurate climate and health information to government, private sector, and other key leadership organizations and decision makers
- Create relationships with other organizations
- Reach out to health professionals from a variety of occupations and backgrounds
- Motivate health professionals to examine their own relationship to the environment
- Engage Healthcare Organizations to decarbonize and implement sustainable practices for their patients’ health
- Be a trusted resource for the public to learn about climate change’s relationship to health, take climate-forward actions, and empower their communities